Because of low capacities at Harmony School and Covid, we have created the “Tlholego School” in 2022.
It is run on the property of Tlholego and by the wonderful teacher Taryn and her assistant teacher Dave.
In her studies with the kids she places a great focus on holistic learning, including movement, play, fun and sustainability. Since the children will be directly involved in a permaculture farm, they will learn a lot about growing vegetables, recycling and sustainable agriculture.
Some facts & figures:
- 7 children in different age groups
- school year costs around 150€/month/child
- 3 daily meals covered
- 2 full-time teachers
- school material and certified exams
- electricity, water, gas… (South Africa has been hit hard by inflation)
More information on the project can be found here.
In 2014, the public school nearby Tlholego closed and the only accessible school nearby was the privately funded Harmony School.
We now support 3 Tlholego children at the school, which costs around 190€/month/child.
- School fees
- Accommodation in boarding school
- School Uniform
- School materials (books, pens, etc.)
- Transport (to school and home one weekend a month)
- School trips
More information about the project can be found here.